The news of a WWE sale has been a key talking point for the company in 2023, since Vince McMahon returned to the Board of Directors to orchestrate a sale.
During last night’s WWE fourth quarter and full year earnings call, WWE CEO Nick Khan spoke about Vince McMahon, and how he would be willing to step down following a sale should it benefit the shareholders.
Today, Khan appeared on CNBC, where he reiterated this point, saying:
“Vince has declared to the board he’s 100% open to transactions where he’s not included in the company moving forward.
In an article by CNBC, the potential future of Vince McMahon in WWE has been an ‘early sticking point’ in talks with potential buyers of the company.
The article noted:
McMahon’s potential future involvement in WWE has become an early sticking point in preliminary talks with various buyers, according to people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named because the discussions are private.
During Khan’s appearance on CNBC, the owner company Comcast were potentially ruled out of potentially buying the company.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’