During his appearance on the Pat McAfee Show, Vince McMahon addressed the controversy surrounding WWE’s relationship with Saudi Arabia.
McMahon reasoned that WWE’s current Saudi Arabia deal isn’t really new, noting that WWE has had a presence there for years.
The WWE Chairman stated that it’s important to respect others’ cultures, but pointed out that the fans in Saudi Arabia are no different to fans in any other part of the world.
“Saudis are no different to any people, WWE fans all over the world. We’ve had a presence over there for years – there is no place on the globe that we don’t have a presence. Saudi fans are really really enthusiastic, like they are everywhere else. So it was an opportunity to play before the audience.
“People love western culture all over the world – they don’t love over government, but they love western culture. And our form of entertainment with WWE kind of fits in to everything – it’s larger than life, it’s everything imaginable that you could ever, like ‘Oh my God’, the spectacle of it. So it fits in everywhere. And we translate it in 40 languages or something like that, but even if there’s just English, you get it, you understand. So we’ve always been popular everywhere.
“Saudi was no different, and people are people, and cultures are cultures, and you have to respect that. Just because we as Americans, ‘This is the way we should do things, this is the way the whole world should be like us, we know the way, and any other way is just not the right way’. Come on. Culture’s been around thousands of years, long before us.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
WWE last visited Saudi Arabia for the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in February. At the event, Brock Lesnar won the men’s Elimination Chamber bout to become WWE Champion. You can view every title change of 2022 right here.
You can find a full recap of McMahon’s appearance on the Pat McAfee Show at this link.
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- AJ Styles Wants The Young Bucks To Come To WWE
- Top Dolla Discusses How WWE Return Came About
- Current ROH Star Not Signed To AEW Deal
- Anthony Henry Under An AEW Deal
- Drew McIntyre Pulled From WWE Live Events Due To Injury
- Bret Hart Reacts To Ric Flair’s Last Match
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match