A backstage update has emerged on Vince McMahon’s planned involvement in the Pat McAfee vs Austin Theory WrestleMania 38 match.
It had originally been reported that McMahon was planned to be McAfee’s opponent for the April event, before WWE announced that Theory would be facing off against the former NFL star. Dave Meltzer had noted that McMahon was still set to be heavily featured in the overall segment.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there has been talk of adding Vince to the match to make it a handicap bout, although it’s more likely that he’ll just be ringside for the contest:
What appears to be the idea is that there will be an angle to get McMahon into the match, likely overseeing the match and being at ringside rather than it being a handicap match, although that has been talked of as well.
McAfee vs Theory is scheduled for WrestleMania 38 Sunday, on April 3.
You can view the announced card for WrestleMania Saturday at this link, and the current line-up for WrestleMania Sunday at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?