Wade Barrett has discussed his time in WWE, discussing whether or not he’s thought about returning to the ring.
Barrett last wrestled in a WWE ring in 2016. The NXT commentator has revealed that he most likely hasn’t hung up his boots for good.
Speaking on After The Bell, Barrett noted that he loves his current role on NXT. Explaining that he has always made sure there is “gas in the tank”, Barrett admitted it wouldn’t take much to convince him to compete, especially if the price is right.
Here is the quote:
“Hey, I’m all about the big paydays Mr. Joseph. It will not take much to remove me from the seat next to you and get back in the ring. I will say, very much enjoying my job with NXT but I have always made sure there’s at least a little bit left in the tank.”
First signing a contract in 2007, Barrett was released from WWE in 2016. He worked for a number of wrestling promotions such as Defiant and NWA, before signing with NXT in September 2020.
Barrett is becoming synonymous with The Gold Brand, recently commentating matches during the well-received NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver shows. Speaking of NXT, a popular star quit the brand on last night’s episode. You can read about the shocking moment here.
Quote via Wrestling Inc.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut