It was announced during the show that Barrett will also be doing commentary for next week’s Tuesday special episode which has a historic 60-minute ironman match four-way main event to crown the new champion after Karrion Kross had to relinquish the title.
In the latest update, WWE.com has moved Barrett’s profile onto the current NXT roster page, despite him being referred to as “temporary” during the show last night.
Dave Meltzer discussed Barrett being there, saying:
“Obviously he was in place of Mauro Ranallo who has a family issue going on right now. They pretty much said he’d [Barrett] be back next week, which was being taped [last night] anyway, so that leaves a couple of weeks, but they never mentioned Mauro Ranallo’s name either on Sunday or [yesterday], but they did call Wade Barrett temporary.”
Barrett was the winner of the first ever season of NXT in 2010 when it was a game show, and went on to become a five-time WWE Intercontinental Champion and King of the Ring winner, before leaving the company in 2016.
If you use the above quote please credit WrestleTalk.com and link back to this page.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting