After laying waste to Roderick Strong on tonight’s episode of NXT 2.0, WALTER hopped on the microphone to make a shock announcement: a name change.
He said at the end of the match, “the winner of this match… Gunther.”
While only the first name was mentioned, WWE recently filed a trademark for the name “Gunther Stark” however faced speedy backlash from history buffs online who quickly noted that Günther Stark was the name of a Nazi military commander in World War II. He served as a Captain Lieutenant for Hitler’s U-Boat command in the English Channel.
It is unclear at this time if plans for the full name have been scrapped entirely as WALTER did only use “Gunther.”
The ring isn't big enough to hold a brawl of this magnitude!! #Imperium #DiamondMine#WWENXT @WalterAUT @Marcel_B_WWE @FabianAichner @roderickstrong @JuliusCreedWWE @BrutusCreedwwe pic.twitter.com/FLEQUtLsY5
— WWE (@WWE) January 19, 2022
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)