After laying waste to Roderick Strong on tonight’s episode of NXT 2.0, WALTER hopped on the microphone to make a shock announcement: a name change.
He said at the end of the match, “the winner of this match… Gunther.”
While only the first name was mentioned, WWE recently filed a trademark for the name “Gunther Stark” however faced speedy backlash from history buffs online who quickly noted that Günther Stark was the name of a Nazi military commander in World War II. He served as a Captain Lieutenant for Hitler’s U-Boat command in the English Channel.
It is unclear at this time if plans for the full name have been scrapped entirely as WALTER did only use “Gunther.”
The ring isn't big enough to hold a brawl of this magnitude!! #Imperium #DiamondMine#WWENXT @WalterAUT @Marcel_B_WWE @FabianAichner @roderickstrong @JuliusCreedWWE @BrutusCreedwwe pic.twitter.com/FLEQUtLsY5
— WWE (@WWE) January 19, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star