The Austrian ‘Ringgeneral’ WALTER is WWE’s NXT United Kingdom Champion, and he was a member of Team NXT at Survivor Series.
He was the first man eliminated from the five vs. five vs. five elimination match after a Claymore from Drew McIntyre.
In an interview with Sport1, WALTER explained why he wasn’t a big fan of the match, saying:
“I’m generally not a fan of these strange stipulations. For example, I hate triple threat matches. When a promoter told me I had to do a triple threat match, I tried to get out of it. It doesn’t make sense to me. For me, a competition is an athlete against an athlete, preferably in a tag team. In the Survivor Series there were 15 people in three teams and in the ring there were always three people at the same time. That deteriorates the action a bit, as I imagine wrestling being something else.
WALTER also discussed who he looked up to when he was training. He revealed:
“As a wrestler, I always liked the hard workers. The big stars that were the focus were never my favorites. They entertained me but I often liked the midcard matches better than the big main events. For me, craftsmanship was always the focus of wrestling. When I started sport, I distanced myself from WWE and American wrestling. I’ve always looked up to Japanese wrestlers. Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe were people I thought were fantastic even before their WWE days. These people have inspired me more than the classic big superstars.”
And, when faced with the classic ‘who is the best wrestler in the world’ question, he replied:
“You can’t just answer a question like that. Wrestling is not a competitive sport, it has a lot to do with personal taste. For me, Brock Lesnar is at the top of the food chain worldwide. He is the most successful and best wrestler. He is financially the most successful but does not have to work as much as others. He is not over-present and you can not see enough of him. He is very smart and is currently at the top for me.”
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?