AEW star Wardlow is speaking out about literally asking Jeff Hardy for permission to use his signature Swanton Bomb on AEW television.
According to a new interview with New York Post, Wardlow says that he checked in with the wrestling legend before debuting the move, saying:
“Man, it’s a weekly thing now, where I just find myself backstage in awe of what my life is. You know I asked Jeff for permission to use the Swanton Bomb. I was getting ready for those three matches where I knew was going to have to wrestle some bigger guys. So I was wrestling Lance Archer, (William) Morrissey and these bigger dudes. I said, ‘Hey Jeff, I’m wrestling some bigger guys, I might have to pull some things out that I’ve never done before or done in a while. If I find myself in a situation where I need to hit a Swanton Bomb is that OK with you?’ He said, ‘Absolutely, hit that thing.’ And I found myself in the situation against Lance Archer where I found myself on the top rope and I went for it.”
Going on to discuss Hardy’s reaction to Wardlow pulling off the massive move, according to Wardlow it was all love in a moment that left him speechless, saying:
“The next week, I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around and it’s Jeff and he says, ‘Hey man, that’s a very graceful Swanton.’ I literally just stood there after he walked away for about 10 minutes with this goofy smile on my face, beet red. I was like, “Welp, that was the coolest moment ever.'”
Wardlow is set for a major match at the upcoming pay-per-view, AEW Double or Nothing set to live from Las Vegas, Nevada on May 29, 2022.
Wardlow will be taking on his former employer, MJF in the culmination of their exceptionally told feud seeing Wardlow needing to win in order to break free from his contractual obligations to the sadistic MJF with a loss meaning he could never be employed by AEW.
In the event Wardlow loses, I wonder if Tony Khan knows of any other promotions hiring?
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete