After intense speculation over the past 24 hours, MJF finally appeared and met a symphony conductor in Wardlow in the ring.
MJF created quite the stir on Saturday after no showing a previously scheduled appearance at AEW’s Fan Fest event at the Mandalay Bay convention center. Notably, MJF was spotted instead playing slots at the very same Mandalay Bay in lieu of appearing for his pre-sold ticketed Meet & Greet.
Taking his sweet time to powerbomb MJF not once, not thrice but 10 times before getting the pinfall victory and becoming free of MJF’s tyranny, Wardlow is finally his own man in AEW.
On commentary Jim Ross made several light allusions to the situation saying both,”it seems there’s been a failure to communicate” before the first powerbomb and then during the series, that this would be a night that neither man would forget but for “very different reasons.”
After the match MJF was seen being put in a neck brace, having oxygen extremely sloppily applied, and wheeled to the back via stretcher as the crowd chanted, “You deserve it!” after having been brutal to Friedman throughout the match.
After the match, Tony Schiavone met Wardlow on the ramp to announce that he was in fact, All Elite having been hired by AEW.
You can follow along with all of the action with WrestleTalk’s live results here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win