AEW star Wardlow has commented on his former boss MJF’s promo and absence since then.
The last time MJF was seen in action, he was defeated by his former employee Wardlow in dominating fashion at AEW Double Or Nothing on May 29 and being stretchered out afterwards.
On the June 1 edition of AEW Dynamite, Maxwell Jacob Friedman cut a scathing promo about his contract disputes with Tony Khan. Since then, fans haven’t heard from MJF and he has been removed from AEW’s digital and social content.
During a K&S WrestleFest signing, Wardlow was asked about MJF’s promos and his thoughts about it.
The AEW star was then asked if he knew where MJF was. He answered:
“I know nothing about nothing. Nobody knows. I don’t care. I personally don’t care. Nobody knows.”
When asked if he knew what MJF would say in his promo, Wardlow replied:
“For the most part, we write our own (material). They just hand us microphones and we go out there and say what we want. There’s really no monitoring what we say when we go out there.”
The two stars have been tied to each other since Wardlow’s debut in November 2019 when he arrived as MJF’s bodyguard. He finally broke free by defeating Friedman at Double Or Nothing 2022.
Keep track of the current AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Quotes via Fightful
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Latest On WWE International Expansion
- Top AEW Star Recalls Insane Vince McMahon Script Change During A Live TV Taping
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled