AEW TNT Champion Wardlow potentially suffered an injury during the taping for the September 23 Rampage: Grand Slam event.
During the taping, which took place following Dynamite: Grand Slam on September 21, Wardlow teamed with Samoa Joe to face off against Tony Nese & Josh Woods.
On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Wardlow “appeared to have a leg injury, but he did come back.”
Meltzer clarified that the extent of Wardlow’s injury is currently unclear.
Wardlow won the TNT Championship from Scorpio Sky in July. He has defended the gold on four occasions, most recently against Tony Nese on the September 7 edition of Dynamite.
Following this bout, Wardlow teased a character change, which he has since discussed.
The TNT Champion was recently added to the poster for AEW’s November pay-per-view Full Gear. At All Out, Wardlow competed in tag action, teaming with FTR to battle the team of the Motor City Machine Guns & Jay Lethal.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite