AEW star Wardlow hasn’t completely ruled out the possibility of a WWE run in the future.
In January, it was reported that WWE was extremely interested in luring Wardlow away from AEW when his contract is due.
During a virtual signing with K&S WrestleFest, Wardlow noted that he never says never about anything, but is satisfied with his AEW run so far:
“I’m very very happy where I am. I never say never about anything in life.
“As of right now, I’m very happy where I am.”
Wardlow was ‘signed’ by AEW after defeating MJF at Double or Nothing, following his first stint with the company ‘under contract’ with MJF.
With Wadlow defeating MJF and venturing into the singles division, many have compared the AEW star’s rise with that of Batista’s.
Sharing his thoughts on the comparisons to the Animal, Wardlow said:
“I am always very flattered with comparisons to Batista. Of course, I have to have some more confidence, so I’ll go out on a limb and say that I am better than Batista, which I know is a hell of a statement, but any comparisons to him are honestly flattering.
“I was a huge Batista fan. Very much a large reason why I’m sitting here talking to you today.”
The former member of the Pinnacle also discussed the situation surrounding MJF, who hasn’t appeared on AEW TV since his worked shoot promo on the June 1 edition of Dynamite.
Wardlow has had a very successful 2022 so far, only losing two matches since the beginning of the year. Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Fightful.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned