Wardlow has named his number one priority for his AEW TNT Championship reign.
The powerhouse defeated Scorpio Sky to win the title on the July 6 edition of Dynamite.
Speaking with Telegram & Gazette, Wardlow expressed interest in bringing back the TNT Title open challenge, introduced by Cody Rhodes during his first reign with the gold.
Noting that he wants the TNT Championship to be viewed as THE title in wrestling,Wardlow said:
“That’s actually my number one priority. I want to bring back the open challenge.
“I’m not sure if that’s what we’re going to do but I would definitely like to bring that back. Right now I have the original design, which I love, and I don’t have any plans to customize it. If they give me the opportunity, maybe I will, but I do love the original.
“Honestly, my only goal for the rest of this year is to successfully defend the TNT Championship and make sure that the title is the title in professional wrestling, so by the end of this year it’s the most talked about title in wrestling.”
Wardlow most recently defended his gold against Orange Cassidy on the July 13 edition of AEW Dynamite: Fyter Fest.
There have now been 15 title changes in AEW this year. Stay up to date with every AEW title change of 2022 using our tacker at this link.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Top Champion Names Drew McIntyre As Potential Title Challenger
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star