It seems that the fans weren’t the only ones who were happy to see MJF return at AEW All Out on September 4.
Prior to this, the AEW star was last seen in the company between the June 1 episode of AEW Dynamite and the September PPV, after conflicting reports emerged about an alleged pay dispute.
MJF left the company in memorable fashion, cutting a profanity-laden promo in which he called AEW owner Tony Khan a “f**king mark.”
That doesn’t seem to be an issue for Warner Bros. Discovery though, as according to Fightful Select’s Will Washington, several people at the company are happy that MJF has made his return to television.
When they followed up with their contacts at the company, Fightful was told that MJF is a consistent ratings success for the brand.
MJF recently signed a new contract with AEW for more money. The deal notably still expires in January 2024, so MJF is still set to become a free agent ahead of the ‘bidding war of 2024’.
The star’s most recent television appearance was on the September 28 edition of AEW Dynamite, in which he invited Wheeler Yuta to face him at the following week’s show in “dumpy DC.”
For details on AEW ratings for every episode of Dynamite and Rampage this year, check out our ratings stats page.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars