Last night’s SmackDown (July 16) was WWE’s return to the road. The main event saw Seth Rollins defeat Big E, Shinsuke Nakamura and Kevin Owens in a four-way.
The dark match after the show saw Big E win a battle royal last eliminating Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews. The match also featured Commander Azeez, Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Robert Roode, Dolph Ziggler and more, including former RETRIBUTION member Shane Thorne (FKA Slapjack), who was working as a babyface.
After his victory, the rest of the babyfaces from the battle royal took to the ring, where Big E delivered a heartfelt promo to the WWE fans in Houston, which you can see below:
This is so pure🖤🖤🖤🖤 pic.twitter.com/roXPrS9mSp
— M 💎 (@megannnnn____) July 17, 2021
Big E will compete in the Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder match at Money In The Bank this Sunday.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role