One of the more surprising moments from last weekend’s Clash at the Castle show in Cardiff was the WWE main roster arrival of NXT star Giovanni Vinci.
Vinci was the third member of the Imperium group, as Fabian Aichner, alongside WALTER (Gunther) and Marcel Barthel (Ludwig Kaiser) in NXT, staying on the developmental show with a repackaged character while his stablemates moved up to SmackDown.
Vinci arrived at Clash at the Castle however, reuniting Imperium ahead of Gunther’s incredible Intercontinental Championship BANGER with Sheamus.
Tonight’s SmackDown show opened with a six-man tag team match, pitting Gunther, Kaiser and Vinci against Sheamus, Butch and Ridge Holland, and fans of the old Imperium group were losing their mind right from the get go.
Imperium made their first full entrance together, with a throwback entrance using their old titantron and the introduction of their ‘Symphony No. 9 in E Minor’ theme song, before transitioning into Gunther’s current WWE theme song.
Still a nice callback. It should 100% be their group theme even if Gunther keeps his singles theme.
— WWE (@WWE) September 10, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite