Wesley Blake has opened up about meeting his wife, Sara Lee, through WWE Tough Enough.
Blake recently spoke with Chris Van Vliet, where he told the story of seeing Sara Lee on the show and thinking she was “the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on.” He said:
“We met at the Performance Center. When Tough Enough was coming out I used to go to a friend’s apartment and we used to watch it. I will never forget when they announced the 11 Tough Enough people. When Sarah came across the screen, I said to the guys, ‘I don’t know what it is, but I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on.’ It was crazy, this was before the show was even a thing. Just by fate, she ends up winning it.
“I was super proud of her. When you are that beautiful inside and out, it shows through the camera. I think that was what helped her win. We started talking at the NXT Combine. We were doing some weight room testing. We did the rower and I did so much where I threw up. I was in the weight room, head over a trash can as the girls were about to start, great first impression [laughs]. She was so sweet that later on that night she messaged me on Twitter saying ‘Hey I hope you feel better.’ And from there it just took off.”
Sara Lee won the 2015 season of Tough Enough and worked a number of NXT house shows but was released before ever making TV.
Other current WWE stars also competed on that season of the show. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville were both standouts with Rose being the runner-up.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release