There was a battle of the behemoths to kick off WrestleMania Sunday as Brock Lesnar took on Omos in the first match of the night.
Announced during the pre-show as being the first match of the night, the two big men did not disappoint as they delivered a delightful and hard hitting albeit relatively short match.
While the match wasn’t a long one, it was remarkable in the story that was told over the brief period as there was drama (Omos dominating Brock for a period) as well as a triumphant comeback.
After battling back to attempt to deliver multiple F5’s to Omos, Brock Lesnar’s back ‘gave out’ and he was unable to complete a third.
When it seemed as though Omos would capitalize and capture the victory, Lesnar was able to dramatically rally to end up putting away Omos for the win.
WrestleMania 39 Sunday is set to host a full card of exciting matches including the main event match between Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
To keep up with all the breaking news from the big weekend in professional wrestling, don’t forget to follow WrestleTalk News on Twitter.
You can keep up with all the news from WrestleMania 39 by clicking this link!
Welcome to Suplex City, @TheGiantOmos!#WrestleMania pic.twitter.com/5re8QvzPug
— WWE (@WWE) April 3, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023