In case you didn’t spot it on this week’s installment of NXT, Johnny Gargano wasn’t quite his usual self.
ESPN have an article that charts Johnny Wrestling’s descent in to the mire that his year-long feud with Tommaso Ciampa has put him in.
On this week’s NXT, General Manager William Regal insisted that Gargano must move on from Ciampa and was placed in a match with EC3. In the match, Johnny Gargano displayed a style with which we are not as familiar – at least not in NXT.
Johnny Wrestling adopted a far more aggressive streak and showed more of a brawling and unforgiving nature. Gargano is clearly not happy to acquiesce to Mr Regal’s advice. This would appear to ensure the feud continues, which could lead to Gargano vs. Ciampa III at TakeOver: Brooklyn.
EXCLUSIVE: Has @JohnnyGargano become the very darkness that he's been fighting in @ProjectCiampa? #WWENXT pic.twitter.com/Na3vu0s1fH
— WWE (@WWE) July 5, 2018
What do you think is next for former Team DIY? Will Ciampa become NXT Champion in 3 weeks when he takes on champion Aleister Black? Could a possible match in Brooklyn be for the title – could it be championship vs. loser leaves NXT? Be sure to let us know your thoughts on Twitter and Discord!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title