Following a writer admitting that they didn’t have much wrestling knowledge, it’s been reported that WWE is pushing to hire comedy writers.
Earlier this week, new WWE writer Kenice Mosbley revealed that she’s a pro-wrestling novice, struggling to remember Bobby Lashley’s name. She noted that her background in comedy writing impressed the company prior to her being hired.
As per Ringside News, which often has reports confirmed by Dave Meltzer and Fightful, WWE is pushing to sign more comedy writers. The report noted that this information came from a tenured member of the WWE creative team.
WWE has often faced criticism from fans for not hiring people with a better understanding of the wrestling business. Fans often argue that the lack of WWE enthusiasts in the writers’ room is one of the reasons why the current product isn’t engaging.
Mosbley is a stand-up comedian who has previously worked with NBC, The Tonight Show and VICE. She reportedly has big backstage heat with WWE following her recent interview, with WWE officials “embarrassed” over the whole ordeal.
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- The Bloodline Headed To Raw To Confront Top WWE Star
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’