Drew McIntyre made his return to WWE television for the first time since WrestleMania 39 at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view, confronting Intercontinental Champion Gunther following his defence against Matt Riddle.
Drew’s return came after months of speculation about his status with the company, with his deal set to expire next year.
It was reported recently that WWE were hoping to have Drew back in the fold by Money In The Bank, which ended up happening with his return in London on Saturday.
In an update from PWInsider, the two sides came to an agreement over the past few days leading into the show.
Despite his return to the company at Money In The Bank, Drew is reportedly still yet to sign an extension with the company.
PWInsider has noted that the two sides have not begun negotiations for the new deal, mainly due to his deal still having so much time remaining.
Following his return, Drew is set to appear on tonight’s (July 3) episode of Raw.
This will be Drew’s first appearance on Raw since he was drafted to the red brand in the 2023 WWE Draft.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw