Here’s When Sasha Banks & Naomi Agreed To Return To WWE

2 months ago by Taylor Sanchez

Here’s When Sasha Banks & Naomi Agreed To Return To WWE WWE

A backstage update has revealed when Sasha Banks and Naomi agreed to return to WWE.

Banks and Naomi haven’t appeared on WWE TV since walking out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping.

A previous report revealed that an agreement has been reached for Sasha and Naomi to return, following Vince McMahon’s departure, and Triple H taking over WWE creative.

Per Dave Meltzer on Sunday Night’s Main Event on August 7, everyone’s on the same page about the returns.

Noting that an agreement in principle was reached over a week ago, Meltzer said:

“Last week, which is the last I checked, the contract hadn’t been signed but they were all expecting that it was happening. They were all on the same page. I was basically told it’s as good as done but they haven’t signed so it could fall through.

“They may have already signed by now but a week ago, (I was told) they’re back. It could be tomorrow, it could be in a couple of weeks. It’s whatever day they want. They are probably pacing things. You don’t want to show all your cards in week 1 (after Triple H taking over). You want to have something big to talk about every week for the next couple of weeks. An agreement in principle was reached over a week ago.”

Banks and Naomi were stripped of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship following their walk-out. A tournament for the vacant title will begin on the August 8 edition of WWE Raw.

Stay up to date with AEW TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.

Transcription via WrestlingNews.co

If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.

Comments

Share this article with friends

Trending