Lita made her first appearance on SmackDown in almost 20 years on last night’s (January 14) episode of the show, where she dropped Charlotte Flair with a Twist of Fate.
Per PWInsider, the decision for Lita to appear on the show was a last minute one, with the decision being made just the day before.
The idea was approved on Thursday, and WWE booked her to travel the same day so she could make it to the show.
It has since been reported that AEW had reached out to Lita last year to take part in a major angle, which ultimately didn’t happen.
Lita is one of 19 names announced for the 2022 women’s Royal Rumble. You can see the full list of confirmed entrants here.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?