There was a time in WCW when everyone seemed to be a member of the NWO in one of its many incarnations, but some turned down the opportunity.
On the Kliq This podcast (subscription required), Kevin Nash discussed one of the more popular wrestlers who turned down the offer of membership into a club that started out exclusive and slowly morphed into seemingly anyone-and-everyone.
Nash recalled approaching Booker T with an offer only to have it well and truly rejected, and in no uncertain terms:
“F**k no, man. You guys work too much.”
This isn’t quite how Booker would recall his rejection of the offer, though, with Booker talking about it in his Hall of Fame podcast, and saying:
“It was just something that I did not want to be a part of.
“I didn’t want to be, you know, in the mix with a bunch of different guys, coming out to that one (song). Sure, you know, being a part of a group like that, you gotta change the way you work, the way you act.”
Both Booker T and Kevin Nash have been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame twice. Booker T and Nash joined the Hall of Fame as individuals in 2013 and 2015 respectively, before Booker received his second ring following the induction of Harlem Heat in 2019. Nash was inducted for the second time in 2020 as part of the NWO.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown