Since his WWE in-ring return, Keith Lee has been working a lot of dark matches before shows, and we now know why that’s the case.
The matches have mostly been squash matches against local talent, and the most recent example took place before last night’s Raw, and he’s had a couple at SmackDown shows too even though he’s on the Raw brand.
PWInsider is reporting that the idea is that these matches are being used to “refine” Keith Lee and figure out “what works best for him going forward”.
That seems quite vague but it’s probably a promising sign that WWE is actually interested enough in him to do something like this.
Lee was absent from WWE from February until he returned last month after he caught COVID-19 and then had some serious heart issues that stemmed from that.
He’s had three TV matches since returning, one loss to Bobby Lashley, one loss to Karrion Kross, and then a win over Karrion Kross.
He hasn’t been on Raw TV for the last two episodes but, as noted, is still working dark matches.
- CM Punk Sends Message About WWE Locker Room After Raw
- Anonymous WWE Star Addresses CM Punk Backstage Behavior At Raw, More Reactions Revealed
- CM Punk Plans Changed On WWE Raw, Real Reason Confirmed
- AEW Star Backstage ‘Frustrations’ Ahead Of Imminent Departure Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Interest In QT Marshall, More Details On AEW Departure
- Changes Made To WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Drew McIntyre Backstage Incident Update After WWE Raw
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- AJ Lee WWE Update After Reference During CM Punk Raw Promo
- Long-Running WWE Program Ends