It has already been reported that Mia Yim was supposed to make her SmackDown debut last week. However, that did not come to pass. Now, a new report has stated that the plan is for her to make her debut this coming Friday.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has now reported additional details about why her debut was cut. The reason given was that WWE needed to cut segments to make time for the Throwback SmackDown content. The Throwback idea was a Fox idea and WWE needed to make changes quickly.
As for the plans for the debut itself, Fightful reports that Yim was planned to start a feud with Carmella. While this did not happen, Carmella did face Ruby Riott on the show. It remains to be seen if this feud will remain the plan for Yim when she does make her debut.
Mia Yim had been part of Retribution dating back to last year. The group went their separate ways on the Fastlane pre-show and Yim was internally moved to SmackDown. However, she has yet to make her debut on the brand.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake