With the announcement that NXT would be holding a women’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, many expected Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir to compete. However, Duke was left off the bracket.
Now, Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that Duke is focusing on creating content for UpUpDownDown. The report notes that she was a full-time streamer when she was hired for WWE. This has transitioned into her creating digital content for the company full-time. She was said to prefer this role rather than wrestling during the pandemic.
The report also says that Marina Shafir was always planned to enter the tournament with someone else. As such, she is currently scheduled to team with Zoey Stark in the first round.
There are reportedly no plans for Duke to wrestle or figure into NXT plans while she works on UpUpDownDown. She has not wrestled since she appeared on Raw Underground last year.
The women’s Dusty Rhodes Classic is set to begin on tonight’s episode of NXT. Meanwhile, the men’s tournament began last week with MSK, Undisputed Era, and The Grizzled Young Veterans advancing to the second round.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight