Some fans were expecting to see The Rock appear on Survivor Series last night, but they were getting a bit ahead of themselves.
The Rock’s movie ‘Red Notice’ was the sponsor of the show, and it was the 25-year celebration of his WWE debut at Survivor Series 1996.
Despite Vince McMahon bringing Cleopatra’s Golden Egg with him to the show, then having it stolen from him, The Rock was nowhere to be seen, and it turns out there was a good reason for that.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said:
“Dwayne’s out of the country and he can’t come back. They’re doing a movie and he can’t go back-and-forth because of quarantine. There was no way he could be at the show tonight.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
There was a 25-man Battle Royal said to be in celebration of Rock’s debut 25 years ago, which was won by Omos.
Both the Raw and SmackDown rosters will be at tonight’s Raw show as Vince McMahon and Adam Pearce are set to investigate who stole the golden egg. I’ve written that multiple times already this morning and it’s not getting any less ridiculous.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament