It’s been reported today that WWE has moved Aliyah to the Raw roster from NXT, and we now have some insight into why that happened.
As noted earlier, the switch is believed to be part of an exchange between Raw and NXT, with Mandy Rose making the reverse switch.
When it comes to why it was specifically Aliyah that was chosen, Fightful Select reports that she impressed WWE officials during a recent scouting trip.
Her being called up to the main roster is something that had been rumored backstage for “well over a month” following said trip, and there was heavy speculation by last night that the move would be happening.
Aliyah had been in NXT since the age of 19 when she signed in 2015, and most recently had been in a tag team with Jessi Kamea as members of the Robert Stone Brand stable.
On last night’s NXT, it seemed the group was taken over from Stone by Franky Monet, and Mandy Rose herself appeared in a backstage segment alongside them.
This is another shift between women’s divisions along with the recent SmackDown moves of Shotzi, Tegan Nox and Toni Storm.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15