The reason why WWE is reportedly adding Daniel Bryan to the Universal Championship match at WrestleMania next month has been revealed, courtesy of Dave Meltzer.
Speaking on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Vince McMahon wasn’t satisfied with the ‘Mania card, and this is the match that he decided to change:
“When Vince decided to tear up the show…he wanted some changes as he wasn’t satisfied. Evidently, this is the match he wanted to be changed, the key match. There were all kinds of ideas thrown around, and from what I was told, most of them weren’t good but this was the best of the ideas was to make it a three-way.
Meltzer also addressed the rumours that WWE thought that Edge would get booed over Roman Reigns by the live crowd, which is why Daniel Bryan was added, noting that this isn’t the case:
“It’s three guys who are really good workers. I thought that it was one of those things where they were afraid that Roman Reigns was gonna get cheered over Edge and f*** up the match. I thought that but that is not the reason. He just felt that it wasn’t what he wanted and it was what he wanted and now it wasn’t what he wanted. So Daniel Bryan is in there and Edge is a heel, which I guess is what he wanted so there you go.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match