Will Ospreay is set to face a former WWE star at an upcoming 1PW event.
After suffering a shoulder injury in the New Japan Cup, Will Ospreay made his in-ring return at the One Pro Wrestling event over this weekend.
Ospreay is the current 1PW World Champion and his next challenger has been announced.
On April 23, One Pro Wrestling announced that the former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion will face Matt Cardona for the title on Saturday, June 10 at their Devil’s Due show.
Cardona has been in the rumor mill for the past few months as a potential star who could return to WWE, but there has been no indication that he is heading back right now.
As previously reported, Ospreay emotionally opened up about his wrestling future following being cleared to return to action.
The United Empire leader also recently discussed his hopes for the upcoming AEW All In event in London, which you can read here.
Two Wrestling Titans. One Championship.
🏆👹 Devil’s Due 👹🏆
Saturday June 10th @ The Engine Shed
There’ll Be Hell To Raise 🔥https://t.co/W3OD82Srcg@WillOspreay @TheMattCardona #1PW #1PWDevilsDue #1PWDD #WillOspreay #MattCardona pic.twitter.com/h7L3Iy93Eh
— 1PW – One Pro Wrestling (@1ProWrestling) April 23, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’