NJPW star and new British Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay has made a big announcement regarding the future of his career.
This weekend, Ospreay defeated Zack Sabre Jr. to win the title at RevPro High Stakes, ending Sabre’s 152-day reign. The latter had held it since he won the won it from Hiroshi Tanahashi at Destruction in Beppu last September.
Following the win, Ospreay took to Twitter to announce that he is officially moving to the heavyweight division.
7 years put to rest.
New British Heavyweight Champion.
I will now officially make the jump and be competing in the Heavyweight division.
Needless to say, Ospreay is one of the most talented performers in the business, so moving to the heavyweight division opens up some exciting opportunities and hopefully means even bigger things for his future.
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours