In October, it was announced that Will Ospreay was set to debut for MLW before the end of the year. Michael Reichlin of SE Scoops has since reported that plans for the NJPW star to appear for the promotion are off.
Ospreay has now provided clarification on the report, noting that he still plans to wrestle for MLW, tweeting:
“Lads MLW will happen. Just not when it was meant too. Everyone calm your tits.”
Lads MLW will happen.
Just not when it was meant too.
Everyone calm your tits.
— ᵂⁱˡˡ ᴼˢᵖʳᵉᵃʸ • ウィル・オスプレイ (@WillOspreay) December 7, 2021
Ospreay will face either Shingo Takagi or Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title on January 5 at WrestleKingdom.
NJPW President Takami Obari has revealed that Ospreay will still be able to compete at the Japanese event, despite the Prime Minister Fumio Kishida introducing COVID-19 travel restrictions while the NJPW star was out of the country.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter
- Candice LeRae, Braun Strowman & Johnny Gargano Matches Announced For October 3 WWE Raw