Will Ospreay defeated long-time rival Shingo Takagi in the final of the New Japan Cup today with a Hidden Blade and Stormbreaker.
The match was a fantastic thirty-minute affair, the likes of which we have come to expect from Shingo Takagi and Will Ospreay, the latter of whom had Bea Priestley, Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb at ringside.
As a result of winning the match and the New Japan Cup this year, Will Ospreay will challenge Kota Ibsuhi for the new IWGP World Heavyweight Championship on April 4 at Sakura Genesis.
Following his win today, Will Ospreay cut a promo saying he will do whatever it takes to beat Ibushi. To emphasise that point, he hit his girlfriend, Bea Priestley, with an Oscutter.
Elsewhere on the show, YOH, who has been out of action since July 2020 with a torn ACL, made a surprise appearance to kick off the event. YOH said he wants to challenge for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag titles with SHO at Sakura Genesis.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?