Will Ospreay has provided an update on the neck injury that forced New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) to strip him of the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship earlier this month.
Taking to Twitter, Ospreay confirmed that while “things ain’t looking good”, he’s hoping to return this year, writing:
Had my physio pop over the house today & after further digging I’m now being referred for another MRI on my lower back as well for fears I may have the same issue in my neck. Things ain’t looking good, but I’m determined to comeback this year. Thanks for all the support.
There had been some suggestions that this neck injury was a cover-up story, with rumors circulating that Will Ospreay was joining WWE, which you can read more about by clicking here.
For more updates on Will Ospreay’s injury status and what the future holds for him, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests