William Regal’s official new WWE role has been revealed.
As previously reported, William Regal has returned to work for WWE to start 2023 after ending his stint with All Elite Wrestling at the end of last year.
PWInsider has confirmed that Regal’s official new WWE title for his role is Vice President, Global Talent Development.
The former AEW star was backstage at the January 6 edition of WWE SmackDown from Memphis, Tennessee.
Regal was released from WWE in January 2022 before signing with AEW in March and quickly aligning with Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley to form the Blackpool Combat Club. The group would also eventually add Wheeler Yuta and Claudio Castagnoli.
However, William Regal turned on Moxley to set up MJF to win the AEW World Title at the Full Gear pay-per-view and was then written off after an attack from MJF.
The resignation of Vince McMahon and the appointment of Triple H to power set the stage for Regal’s return being one of Paul Levesque’s lead consiglieres.
It remains to be seen what McMahon’s recent return as WWE Executive Chairman will affect Regal’s new role, but we will have further updates when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed