Wrestle Kingdom 13 continues to be the night that all the titles changed hands. Taiji Ishimori has defeated KUSHIDA to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship.
Ishimori managed to defeat KUSHIDA by withstanding the Back to the Future Small-Package-Driver and hitting the Bloody Cross for the win. The match is the sixth match in a row to result in a title change at Wrestle Kingdom 13. Will Ospreay, BUSHI & Shingo Takagi, Zack Sabre Jr., EVIL & SANADA, and now Ishimori have all won their respective title matches.
Ishimori returned to New Japan Pro Wrestling at Wrestling Dontaku in May as the ‘New Bone Soldier’. Ishimori made it to the finals of the Best of the Super Jr.s tournament where he fell to Hiromu Takahashi. Since then, Ishimori won the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Titles alongside Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa. At King of Pro Wrestling Ishimori attacked KUSHIDA with a crutch to set up their title match at Wrestle Kingdom 13.
The win marks Ishimori’s first IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship reign. Conversely, KUSHIDA is rumored to be interested in joining WWE so his situation is very much up in the air.
Our live coverage of Wrestle Kingdom 13 is ongoing and can be followed here.
What has been your favorite title change thus far? Let us know in the comments below, on Twitter or on Discord!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending