A report came out of Barstool Sports that WrestleMania 35 in 2019 will be returning to the New York metro area. This would almost certainly mean that MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, the home of WrestleMania 29 in 2013, would host the event.
The report claims that Philadelphia and Detroit were both in the running to serve as host.
This would be the sixth WrestleMania to emanate from the New York metro area. The first, tenth, and twentieth incarnations were held in Madison Square Garden, while the first third of WrestleMania 2 took place in Long Island’s Nassau Coliseum. As noted, WrestleMania 29 previously took place in MetLife Stadium. In addition, if the venue is correct, then this would be the fourth WrestleMania to take place within New Jersey state limits (WrestleManias 4 and 5 took place in Atlantic City).
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title
- Update On New WWE Ring Name Fans Speculated Was For Jade Cargill
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW