The road to WrestleMania is very much underway, with Cody Rhodes and Rhea Ripley already set for Championship matches.
Now, we’ve got an indication as to a possible championship match that will take place at the April 1 & 2 event in Hollywood.
WrestleVotes has posted, via their official Twitter account:
“I’m told while not decided 100%, there are plans to feature an Intercontinental Championship 3 way match at WrestleMania: Gunther v Sheamus v Drew McIntyre.
“There are a number of supporters within creative that not only want the match, but they want it towards the top. TBD.”
Gunther lasted a record setting 71 minutes in the 2023 men’s Royal Rumble match, eliminating both Sheamus and McIntyre from the match before being the last eliminated by Cody Rhodes.
There had also been previous reports of a “far from finalized” plan for GUNTHER to face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. At Royal Rumble, Brock Lesnar was eliminated by Bobby Lashley, seemingly setting up another encounter between the two at WrestleMania, or the Elimination Chamber on February 18.
You can follow all the developments surrounding WrestleMania 39 using this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed