It’s been alleged that there are wrestlers who believe AEW CEO Tony Khan “doesn’t give a damn about women’s wrestling”.
After giving an interview recalling a number of issues she experienced backstage in AEW, indie wrestler LuFisto has also taken to Twitter with more comments.
Had a one hour phone call with a current AEW talent.
The women who actually addressed the problems I did today were the ones sent home by Tony Khan.
There was a meeting to shoot on Thunder Rosa that Khan attended. Before leaving, he reminded them that their segments were the lowest.
When some girls arranged a meeting to talk about Baker’s crew, one of them ran to Britt to let her know. The girls that wanted to address the problem were the ones punished.
Things didn’t better. They got worst…
The legitimate wrestlers believe Tony doesn’t give a damn about women’s wrestling and feel like they are going back to the Divas era.
Ask me who the f**k am I. Tell me I’m irrelevant and that I’m doing this for attention. Call me a liar. Tell me to kill myself…
You keep on closing your eyes and supporting human beings with s**tty behaviour.
With the messages of support and especially this phone call I received from AEW employees…
This nobody did the right thing.
This all comes off the back of a sign being shown on last week’s AEW Dynamite that said “Book The Women’s Division Better”.
A week later, Hikaru Shida won the AEW Women’s World Championship from Toni Storm in the main event of Dynamite 200.
WWE has also come under fire recently after pulling Trish Stratus vs Becky Lynch from SummerSlam, as well as Rhea Ripley vs Raquel Rodriguez, although the latter was left open as potentially still being added at the last-minute.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours