WWE appears to have new plans for the 24/7 Championship following the title change that occured on last night’s (July 19) episode of Raw.
On last night’s show, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler were defeated by Women’s Tag Team Champions Natalya and Tamina. After the match, Jax and Baszler turned on Reginald, before he ended up capturing the 24/7 Championship from Akira Tozawa.
Per PWInsider, this was more than a spur of the moment title change, as WWE plans to position Reginald as a babyface on the Raw brand.
WWE plans on using Reginald’s athletic background to spotlight him as a unique personality on the show.
PWInsider notes that Reginald was broken away from Jax and Baszler on the show specifically to bring something fresh to the 24/7 title division.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design