Back in April, WWE finally came to terms with the releases of Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson, collectively known as The Revival. This came 16 months after the duo first reportedly requested to leave the company.
Fast forward four months, Dawson and Wilder (now going by Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) have debuted for AEW and reminded fans with a series of great matches why they are the best team in the world.
Back to FTR and their departures from WWE, Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that WWE included an interesting stipulation in the pair’s release from the company.
Sean Ross Sapp noted that WWE actually wasn’t planning on letting Dax Harwood leave until September because of an old injury. However, he was able to leave the company in April because of an interesting clause:
Even though FTR have signed with AEW, they’ve told me in a recent interview that they have more that they want to accomplish, and they have pretty clear goals. However, after their negotiation with AEW a few days after their release, they knew it’s where they wanted to go.
FTR confrimed that WWE was planning on extending Dax’s contract through September because of an old injury. The only way they were able to get out of their contracts immediately was to sign over trademarks that they claim they spent $10,000 on. They opted to take the immediate release, but it wasn’t as smooth of a decision as WWE tried to make it look.
Speaking of FTR, make sure you check out Louis Dangoor’s exclusive interview with the former Raw Tag Team Champions where they speak about their feud with The Young Bucks, their time in WWE and more.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them