Jeff Hardy was taken off of WWE TV back in April after it was revealed that he would need time off to get knee surgery. In this time away from the ring, Hardy had a series of personal problems to deal with, including two DUIs.
Fightful is reporting that Jeff was actually supposed to be cleared to wrestle in early-November, but is currently dealing with his legal issues.
It has also been reported that WWE is adding time on to Hardy’s deal for the period of time that he has spent off the road due to his injury and personal problems.
The company, to their credit, have also urged Hardy to start taking his health seriously and have reportedly advised him to get some serious help.
The issue of WWE freezing Jeff’s contract will likely not only affect him, but also his brother Matt too.
Matt has seemingly confirmed his desire to leave WWE in the coming weeks, and was likely hoping his brother would join him so the duo could team on the independent scene once again (and possibly AEW), as The Hardy Boyz.
There is no word on how long WWE has added to Jeff’s contract, so stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on that.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023