WWE and AEW stars took part in a special 10-bell salute at Jay Briscoe’s funeral.
On Sunday, January 29, the funeral for the late, great Jamin Pugh (Jay Briscoe) took place in Laurel, Delaware with stars of the wrestling world in attendance.
The funeral was live streamed on the Laurel School District YouTube channel for fans around the worldwide to watch.
During a special 10-bell salute for the Ring of Honor Hall of Famer, ROH commentator Caprice Coleman introduced WWE star Roderick Strong and AEW star Jay Lethal to assist with the ceremony.
Strong spent 13 years with Ring of Honor with much of that time spent with Jay and Mark Briscoe on the roster. He has wrestled The Briscoes on many occasions in singles and tag team competition.
Meanwhile, Jay Lethal was both a career rival and real life friend of The Briscoes. Lethal wrestled Mark Briscoe on the January 25 edition of AEW Dynamite in a Jay Briscoe tribute match.
For fans who would like to watch the funeral service, click here.
Roderick Strong assisted Jay Lethal in doing the 10-bell salute before the Jay Briscoe funeral service started. ♥️ pic.twitter.com/F1KJltmu0h
— Drainmaker 🌧️ 💵 (@DrainBamager) January 29, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed