The Warner Bros and Discorvery merger took place earlier this year, and with it many changes were made to both companies.
Warner Bros Discovery owns TNT and TBS, which airs AEW Rampage and Dynamite respectively. Recently though, Tony Khan has spoken about the relationship between him and the new Warner Bros Discovery board.
However, an interesting twist has come out regarding the future of Warner Bros Discovery company, and it’s VERY interesting for fans of pro wrestling.
In a new article from the Hollywood Reporter, there are reportedly industry insiders that believe that Comcast CEO Brian Roberts has his eyes set on another huge merger, this time between the newly merged Warner Bros Discovery, and NBCUniversal.
NBCUniversal, if that name sounds familiar, are the company that owns the Peacock streaming service, and the USA Network, which both have current ongoing deals with WWE programming.
So, if the planned merger was to go ahead, that would mean that the television partners of AEW and WWE will have merged into one company.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- AEW Real-Life Father & Son Team Together For First Time Since Falling Out