With it looking like Aleister Black could be making a return to WWE very soon, we’ve been reminded of some huge plans from last year.
Drew McIntyre defeated Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Championship in the WrestleMania 36 main event, but there was another name being considered for that spot.
That’s right, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Aleister Black was one of the two people being considered to dethrone Lesnar.
The other one was obviously McIntyre, and Vince McMahon chose the Scot due to believing he was the more over of the two.
Black did have a match at that WrestleMania, which saw him pick up a win over Bobby Lashley. Fast forward a year later and it’s funny how that worked out.
Black’s been off WWE TV since October but today he posted a new promo video and it looks like he’ll be back sooner than later.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance