Following a four month hiatus from WWE that saw an appearance on The Masked Singer TV show and a skin cancer diagnosis, question marks surrounding the future of five-time women’s champion Alexa Bliss were abound.
However, just as it seemed a return was impending, instead Bliss revealed that she was in fact expecting her first child with husband Ryan Cabrera.
While excellent news, it has raised even more questions surrounding Bliss’ future in WWE, however, in a recent interview with The Messenger, Bliss was able to clear things up both to do with her hiatus as well as her contract situation with the company.
“WWE gave me time off for (Masked Singer) to kind of fully dive into that experience with rehearsals, vocal lessons, and all that stuff,”
“Storyline-wise, I was not on TV anyway, so it really kind of worked out perfectly.
“(WWE) extended my contract, and so it’s just basically come back when I’m ready.
“Probably a month after the baby, I’ll start probably getting back into the gym, and getting ready to see what my in-ring return looks like.”
With Bliss’ and Cabrera’s child expected in December, a WWE return early next year should be expected based on Bliss’ comments.
Bliss recently confirmed to E Online following the announcement that herself and Cabrera were in fact not preparing to have a child.
Reports around WrestleMania suggested that Bliss was close to a return, however, this of course never materialised.
We wish Alexa Bliss and Ryan Cabrera all the best in this exciting new chapter of their lives.
They are of course not the only wrestling couple with baby-related news as Carmella and Corey Graves revealed yesterday that they’re having a boy, and Tay Melo and Sammy Guevara announced they’re expecting a child in December as well, so we send our congratulations to everyone.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE