Are Bianca Belair’s WrestleMania dreams of toppling Becky Lynch’s championship reign in jeopardy?
Similar to when WWE provided an ‘injury update’ on AJ Styles’ “neck contusion” after suffering an attack by Edge, after Monday Night Raw saw Bianca Belair assaulted by Becky Lynch, WWE has provided an “injury” update.
According to a report from Fox Sports and WWE.com:
“Bianca Belair suffered a fractured hyoid bone in her throat as a result of the attack perpetrated by Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch last Monday on Raw, WWE.com has learned.
The WWE Universe watched in horror as Lynch took out her WrestleMania challenger in vicious fashion, wrapping a chair around Belair’s head and neck before sending her into a steel ring post.
Although Belair will not need surgery, she will be out of action for an unspecified amount of time as she recovers, officials say.
Check back with WWE.com for any further updates as they become available.”
With a short amount of time left to build towards their feud at WrestleMania, it is unclear if Bianca will appear on Raw despite the “injury.”
Whether or not this injury announcement is a part of her WrestleMania 38 storyline against Becky Lynch, we’ll have to stay tuned to find out although it is likely kayfabe.
You can view an injury tracker for the WWE roster here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features