UPDATE: Cody Rhodes has seemingly confirmed the match will be going ahead as planned – read more here.
WWE announced an injury to Cody Rhodes at a recent live event, leading to uncertainty surrounding a top match advertised for tonight’s Hell in a Cell premium live event.
Rhodes and Rollins were slated to face off during last night’s Saturday Night’s Main Event house show. Before the bout, it was noted that Rhodes was injured, and that Drew McIntyre would be facing Rollins during the live event instead.
McIntyre ultimately defeated Rollins, before Rhodes came out and had a post-match segment with his rival.
Rhodes and Rollins are set to clash in a Hell in a Cell match at tonight’s Premium Live Event. As of writing, aside from at the untelevised live event, WWE hasn’t publicly announced an injury to Rhodes, and is still advertising the Hell in a Cell match-up.
It has been speculated that the ‘injury’ is very minor, and that WWE kept Rhodes from competing at the house show to make sure he is as healthy as possible heading into his Hell in a Cell match.
We will continue to provide updates on the situation as they become available.
Stay up to date with WWE TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
— WWE (@WWE) June 5, 2022
Via Wrestling Inc.
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Major Change To AEW Revolution Match Update
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?