WWE has announced that Edge will return to Raw tonight after his shocking return at the Royal Rumble. It was his first in-ring appearance since his retirement in 2011. Now, it seems we will get an idea of what is next for the Rated R Superstar.
WWE wrote the following on their website:
“The Rated-R Superstar, who retired due to injury in 2011, has been the subject of near-constant rumors ever since he leveled Elias with a Spear at SummerSlam 2019 — speculation he shot down at every turn. But he appeared in the Men’s Rumble all the same, entering at No. 21 and lasting until the final three with SmackDown’s Roman Reigns and eventual winner Drew McIntyre.
What the future holds for the former WWE Champion is still unclear. But as he returns to the brand where he once took his final bow, it’s safe to say we’ll see no small amount of emotion, triumph and, perhaps, one final opportunity? Anything is possible.”
Also announced for Raw was a Raw Tag Team Championship match. Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy will defend their titles against Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe. After causing their eliminations in the Royal Rumble match, Rollins will have to answer to Owens and Joe in the ring tonight.
Liv Morgan and Lana will also compete in a singles match with Rusev and Bobby Lashley banned from ringside.
Finally, we will hear from both Drew McIntyre and Charlotte Flair after their Royal Rumble match victories. WWE has teased the reveal of who they will challenge at WrestleMania 36 so we will have to wait and see.
Are you excited to see Edge return to Raw? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups